Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Perhaps Green Day said it best...

It's been a while since I did any math beyond counting change.

So maybe you can help me with this equation:

These:
- 58% of the US adult population never reads another book after high school.
- 42% of college graduates never read another book.
- 80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year.
- 70% of US adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.
- 57% of new books are not read to completion.
- Most readers do not get past page 18 in a book they have purchased.

Plus these:
One Nation Under Gun - portraits of gun owners in their homes (Kyle Cassidey, Newsweek)

Equals:
...?

Extra credit of you spot the kid named after the Uzi submachinegun.

When I did the math earlier, I was left with a remainder that looked very much like the picture below of me peeling caps 100m down range with a Zastava M80.

But then I recently finished a book, so it's ok.

No comments: